What City Departments Are Closed on Veterans Day
Wednesday, November 11 is Veterans Day, when we express our gratitude by honoring and saluting the service and sacrifice of our brave men and women so that many city services may take a break and close. KWWL notes the following information for city service hours that day in Cedar Rapids.
- Fire Department: Administrative and Fire Marshal's offices closed. Responding to emergencies.
- Police Department: Administrative offices open. Responding to emergencies. Non-emergency calls can be directed at (319)-286-5491.
- Public Works: Administrative offices closed. Crews will continue to collect tree debris.
- Library: Both Library locations open
- Golf: Administrative offices closed. Twin Pines and Gardner courses open for play. Ellis and Jones are closed.
- Solid Waste & Recycling: Administrative offices closed. Garbage, yard waste and recycling will be taken. Collection continues from the street and not the alley at this time. Crews will continue nonorganic debris collection.
- Transit - Buses will continue on their normal schedule.
Here's a reminder of the area establishments offering well-deserved freebies or discounts to veterans and/or active military and they include Hy-Vee, who is hosting a contactless drive-through breakfast for them on Wednesday from 6-10 a.m. Veterans get 10 percent off their Veterans Day grocery purchase at Hy-Vee as well. Other customers can "round up" the amount of their purchases to support funding for Veterans Learn more here.
On Veterans Day and always, thank you for your service!