A very scary situation happened to a family near Cascade on Tuesday afternoon around 3 p.m.

According to KWWL, "Two people were taken to a local hospital after being injured in a home explosion near Cascade."

The incident happened around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 29th, near North Cascade Road. Emergency crews from Cascade Fire and the Dubuque County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to the scene.

There were two people in the home when the incident happened. Joyce McMullen and her son Michael were in the home at the time of the explosion. The story said they were both sent to a nearby hospital. At this time they are both being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Let's hope they both have a full recovery and start feeling better.

94.1 KRNA logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

After investigating the incident, authorities say a vehicle that was in the garage was leaking gas. The fumes went from the garage and over into the basement area. The story said the explosion was ignited by the water heater pilot light.

There was some very serious damage to the home because of the explosion. Investigators estimate the amount to be over $250,000.

That is all of the information we have at this time. We will continue to follow this story and provide updates as soon as more information is released.

To read the full story from KWWL, you can visit this link.

[Source of story: KWWL Television]

More From 94.1 KRNA