Select Cedar Rapids City Facilities Closed Until July 20
Further closures of several city facilities in Cedar Rapids were announced, according to KWWL, as they extend closures of the following buildings to July 20 due to the Coronavirus pandemic:
- City Hall (101 1st St SE)
- City Services Center (500 15th Avenue SW)
- Cedar Rapids Water Administration (1111 Shaver Road NE)
- Central Fire Station (713 1st Ave SE)
- Animal Care and Control (7421 Washington View Parkway SW)
- Cedar Rapids Police Station (505 1st St SW)
- NW Recreation Center (1340 11th St NW)
- Downtown Library (450 5th Ave SE)
- Ladd Library (3750 Williams Blvd. SW)
Services provided are available online, by phone or e-mail. In a continued effort to evaluate the status of the pandemic and the public's safety, the decision was made to keep the buildings closed.
To minimize disruption in city services, drop boxes are available outside the City Services Center (500 15th Ave. SW) front lobby doors and in front of City Hall (101 1st St. SE) for those dropping off permits, payment, or other paperwork that would normally be dropped off in person at the front counter.
We will keep you updated with further details on facility closures and service adjustments as the Coronavirus pandemic continues. In the meantime, the city of Cedar Rapids website is available for further information.
Due to the upcoming holiday weekend, the following services will also be closed, according to a press release:
- Fire Department – Administrative and Fire Marshal’s offices closed. Responding to emergencies.
- Golf – Administrative offices closed. Gardner, Ellis, and Twin Pines are open. Jones is closed.
- Library - Both Library locations will be closed on Friday, July 3rd and Saturday, July 4th.
- Police Department – Administrative offices will be closed. Responding to emergencies. Non-emergency calls can be directed (319)-286-5491.
- Solid Waste & Recycling – Administrative offices will be closed. There will be no delay in the garbage, yard waste, and recycling collection.
- Transit – No bus service on Friday, July 3rd or Saturday, July 4th.
How Well Do You Know Cedar Rapids?