Orchestra Iowa Announces New Season
Orchestra Iowa is ready to present a brand new season of community entertainment with its 2019/20 lineup, which includes an exciting array of events that have just been announced. One of its main events includes a new twist on the recent resurgence of the legendary Freddie Mercury and Queen.
- September 14: The annual "Brucemorchestra" season opener always takes place under the stars on the Brucemore lawn. That setting couldn't be more fitting this year as the event pays tribute to both Star Trek and NASA with its themes, "Planets" and the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with "From the Earth to the Moon".
- October 18-19: The season's first "Masterworks" concert, "Reflections on the Mississippi" was created by and will feature Cedar Rapids native and Grammy-winner Michael Daugherty
- October 25-26: "The Wizard of Oz" will be shown on the big screen at the Paramount , accompanied by the music of Orchestra Iowa. These are ALWAYS spectacular as the Orchestra plays the soundtrack to movie classics!
- January 31-February 1: Maestro Tim and his musicians pay homage to legendary composer Beethoven in honor of his 250th birthday, with his "Symphony #7"
- April 4: More Beethoven as his "First Symphony" is performed alongside Mozart's "Requiem".
It's an unbeatable "Pops" lineup this year as well:
- December 20-22: The holidays will be celebrated in bluesy fashion as local favorite Kevin "B.F." Burt joins Orchestra Iowa in concert.
- February 22: Sounds of the big screen return with "Magical Music from the Movies" featuring compositions from "Frozen", "Mary Poppins" and "Beauty & The Beast".
- May 16: Are you ready for this? Symphonic Rock returns. As the resurgence of rock band Queen's music and career continues thanks in part to the big-screen success of "Bohemian Rhapsody", Orchestra Iowa will be the latest to take it on, alongside the "Jean N Classics" band. The orchestra continues to do shows with a modern pop/rock flair to appeal to new audiences, and we expect this one to bring down the house!
To get more information on the schedule and tickets, click here.