Where’s the Best Local Place to Order Fish During Lent? [LIST]
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which means that Lent has officially arrived!
Growing up Catholic, Lent was always a big deal in my household. We always had to give something up, we never missed a Sunday mass, and we never ate meat on Fridays. In fact, we lived right down the street from our church, so we would walk over and eat dinner at the fish fry every Friday night. I always ordered a grilled cheese when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, I have a much greater appreciation for fish!
For everyone out there participating in these Lenten traditions, we took to Facebook to figure out some of the best local places to order fish on Fridays during Lent. Here are some of the places recommended to us that have posted about their Lent specials:
- Tommy's Restaurant - 393 Edgewood Rd NW, Cedar Rapids
Our Seafood Menu starts tomorrow and will continue through the end of lent! Come dine-in, order takeout, or get curbside!
- Bostons - 804 5th St SE, Cedar Rapids
- Lion Bridge Brewing Company - 59 16th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids
- Local Craft Ale House - 4001 Center Point Rd NE, Cedar Rapids
- St. Patrick Catholic Church - 510 1st Ave NW, Cedar Rapids
- Wild Hogs Saloon & Eatery - 350 Commercial Dr, Walford
- All you can eat fish with a choice of potato, slaw, and a dinner roll for $14.99 on Fridays from 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Whiskey River Grill - 2882 Palo Marsh Rd., Palo
- The Fish Store (Food Truck) - Cedar Rapids
- Vito's on 42nd - 4100 River Ridge Dr NE, Cedar Rapids
- Prairie Creek Saloon - 116 E Railroad Street, Norway
- Beer Battered Cod, baked potatoes, salads, dinner rolls, and desserts this for $14.99 or Panko Breaded Shrimp for $14.99
- VFW Post 788 - 3240 Southgate Pl SW, Cedar Rapids
- Every Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. during Lent for $10 you can get fried and baked fish, your choice of baked potato or hashbrowns, coleslaw, a dinner roll, and sherbet
- County Line BBQ & Catering - 6677 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids
FRIDAY'S, Butterfly Shrimp,
Hush puppies, Cole Slaw and Fries. $14.99
- Bari Italian - 450 1st ST SW, Cedar Rapids
How Well Do You Know Cedar Rapids?