The reward money for the safe return for Wisconsin teenager Jayme Closs will go to who we thought it should, Jayme herself.

Last week I told you the family who called 911 on January 10 wouldn't accept the reward money, even if it was offered to them. Kristin Kasinskas made that call to authorities after Jeanne Nutter took Jayme to their home. Jayme had approached Nutter after escaping from a home where she'd been held captive for 88 days following her kidnapping and the murder of both of her parents at her home near Barron, Wisconsin. Peter Kasinskas, Kristin's husband, said Jayme should receive the money because "she got herself out."

Hormel Foods, who owns the Jennie-O Turkey Store where both of Jayme's parents worked, wants to make sure that Jayme does get the money. Jim Snee, President, and CEO of Hormel Foods said in a media release,

We are overjoyed at the news of Jayme's safe return. Her bravery and strength have truly inspired our team members around the world.

While we are still mourning the loss of longtime family members Jim and Denise, we are so thankful for Jayme’s brave escape and that she is back in Barron. The company has expressed its wishes to donate the $25,000 to Jayme. Our hope is that a trust fund can be used for Jayme’s needs today and in the future.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald echoed those sentiments saying,

We also agree that Jayme is the hero in this case and are happy they have chosen her to receive the company’s reward contribution. The partnerships created during this case will not only help Jayme and her family in the future but will continue to make us all stronger, led by the idea that we will never give up hope!

The $25,000 from Hormel reflects half of the reward that was available for Jayme Closs' return. There's no word on whether anyone will receive the additional $25,000 that was offered by the FBI.