Iowa’s 10 ‘Best Burger’ Finalists Have Been Revealed [PHOTOS]
And three of them are right here in Eastern Iowa!
The Iowa Beef Industry Council and the Iowa Cattlemen's Association have narrowed down the top 10 restaurants with the best burgers in the state, based off of over 9,200 nominations. Local eaters had between February 13 and March 13 to nominate their favorite burger in Iowa, and it's safe to say that the level of participation was pretty outstanding!
The next step in the competition can officially begin, with a panel of judges visiting all of the top ten restaurants. The burgers will be evaluated on the following criteria, according to the Iowa Beef Industry Council website:
- Taste - 50%
- Appearance and Presentation - 30%
- Proper cooking temperature/degree of doneness - 10%
- Overall - 10%
The winner will be announced on May 1st.
Here are your top 10 finalists (the first three are from Eastern Iowa):
- Saucy Focaccia - Cedar Rapids
- Beer Burger - North Liberty
- The Irish Shanti - Gunder
- Ankeny Diner - Ankeny
- Elm's Club - Creston
- BW's Burgers - West Des Moines
- Smokin' Hereford BBQ - Storm Lake
- Doc's Stadium Bar & Grill - Jefferson
- Down Right Delicious - Clarinda
- Vaughn's Café and Bakery - Clarinda