Everything You Need to Know About the Sweet Corn Festival
The big weekend has finally arrived! This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is the 43rd Annual St. Jude Sweet Corn Festival in Cedar Rapids, and it sounds like it's going to be another amazing year! Here's everything you need to know about the upcoming event:
- Festival Hours
- Friday, August 10th from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11th from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12th from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- $5 per day
- Excludes pre-registered volunteers, children 10 and younger, and seniors 60 and older
- Free of charge
- Free shuttles will run out of the old K-Mart West Parking Lot at the intersection of Williams Boulevard SW and 16th Avenue SW (now MidAmerican Aerospace)
- Bags Tournament
- Saturday beginning at 12 p.m. with 11:30 a.m. check-in
- Located in the Beverage Tent (must be 21+)
- $20 registration fee per 2 person team
- Details on registration HERE
- Beverage Tent
- Open entire duration of festival
- Ticket sales end a half hour prior to closing
- No cover charge (must be 21+)
- Live Music
- Large Midgets - 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Boot Jack Band - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Gimikk - 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- DTKK German Band - 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- The O'Connell Brothers - 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Midway Carnival
- Open Friday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost is $1 per ticket
- Rides range from 1 to 3 tickets per ride
The event also features plenty of food, a game row, Kiddie Land, a family entertainment stage, a car raffle, and more! See a full schedule of all events HERE.
Also, since this is a Sweet Corn Festival, help is needed to husk and clean 25,000 ears of corn! If you'd like to help, just show up on Thursday, August 9th at 9 a.m., no RSVP needed.