According to KCCI, "A West Des Moines man was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after fire officials say his e-cigarette exploded in his pocket."

Authorities say the incident happened at the Sun Prairie Apartment Complex. A tenant was sitting on his couch when his e-cigarette suddenly exploded. The person told investigators, "It was just like a roman candle being shot!"

Smoke filled the hallway of the second floor. A worker from Sun Prairie was able to put the blaze out. A friend of the victim suffered third-degree burns. No other injuries were reported.

I'm sure this dude was pretty freaked out when this happened! This is just one more reason to give up the e-cigs....chewing gum is much safer.

We will continue to monitor this story and provide updates as soon as we learn more information. To read the full article, click on this link.

No word yet on if the victim has decided to quit vaping.

[Source: KCCI]

More From 94.1 KRNA