Cedar Rapids Schools Offer Free Summer Meals
Who says there's no free lunch?
School's out for the summer. But the need for kids to get a good meal isn't. The Cedar Rapids Communitiy School District is helping those in need with a Free Summer meals program.
It is open to all children, ages 18 and under, at no cost and with no enrollment required. The meals will be provided free of charge on a first-come, first served basis at varying locations and times this summer.
The program will operate from June 18-August 3, with breakfast served from 8:30-9 a.m. and lunch from 12 noon to 1 p.m. at the following sites:
- Grant Elementary, 254 Outlook Dr SW
- Kenwood Elementary, 3700 E Avenue NE
- Johnson Elementary, 355 18th St SE
- Taylor Elementary, 720 7th Ave SW
From June 25th-July 18th, the following location will provide the free breakfast program from 8:30- 9 a.m., and free lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m:
- Roosevelt Middle School, 300 13th St NW
Finally, the following school operates this program from June 11-June 29, with free breakfast from 8:30-9 a.m. and free lunch from Noon-1 p.m.:
- Grant Wood Elementary, 645 26th St. SE
You can learn more by calling 1-866-348-6479 or at the USDA program website.
"Boys and Girls Clubs in Cedar Rapids Schools" is an additional feature of this program, serving lunches Monday-Friday from Noon-1 p.m. and snacks from 3-3:15 p.m.:
- June 11-August 10 at Polk AEC, 1500 B Ave. NE
- June 18-August 10, Hoover Elementary, 4141 Johnson Ave,
Get a good meal and have a great summer!
[Via Cedar Rapids Community Schools press release]