12 Of The Weirdest Laws In Iowa
I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm going about my daily life I worry that I'm doing something wrong or breaking the law.
Oh, is that just me? Well, I like to look up the local laws in a state to make sure everything is alright on my end, if you know what I'm saying...
So, here are a few of the weirdest laws I could find that you need to follow in most of Iowa.
1. You can't sell an RV or any automated vehicle on Sunday.
2. If you try to sell margarine under the rouse that it's actually butter you can be found guilty of a misdemeanor. This is due to Iowa's stringent food labeling laws. It actually has to be labelled as "renovated butter" or "olemargarine" in accordance with the state legislature.
3. Mustached men cannot kiss women in public. If you want some PDA you have to shave the 'stache.
4. If you do end up shaving your whiskers you cannot kiss in public for more than five minutes. COME UP FOR AIR!
5. While selling drugs is already pretty much illegal; if you do end up selling narcotics you could get in even more trouble if you don't have the proper drug tax stamp.
6. There is a law in Iowa that apparently says that all one-armed piano players must perform for free. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they should be paid double for doing twice the playing with only one arm.
7. You cannot use a dead person's handicapped parking sign or license plate. Another reasonable sounding law.
8. For all of the religious ministers out there who plan to travel to Wisconsin any time soon; you must obtain a permit to carry your liquor across state lines. Ministers have to have a permit to carry liquor across state lines.
9. This one is specific to Cedar Rapids. There is a law saying that it is illegal to read someone's palms in the city limits.
10. I really don't really mind this law. In the town of Ottumwa a man cannot wink at a woman he doesn't know.
11. Everyone better keep an eye on their horses' diets because in Marshalltown, Iowa they're cracking down on a major problem that touches all Iowans. Horses are FORBIDDEN from eating fire hydrants. These dastardly fire hydrant eating horses are a bane on our society.
12. If you ever find yourself in Mount Vernon and also have the hankering to start throwing bricks; you better watch out! You need written permission from the City Council if you want to throw bricks or stones into a highway.