10 Reasons Why Iowa Loves Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- TSO is a ROCK BAND. Founder Paul O'Neil, Al Pitrelli and company have performed, produced and recorded with some of the greatest rock bands, including Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Megadeth and Savatage.
- They mix classical music elements into each show. Christmas Eve Sarajevo pays homage to “Carol of the Bells”. The song “Nutrocker” employs elements of the “Nutcracker”. Other songs like “Christmas Canon”, and “Oh Come All Ye Faithful” deliver poignant musical renditions that very few performers could pull off.
- Each year's show is different. They always up their game. With laser lights, pyrotechnics and huge video screens. Their performers dash around into the audience and elevate on extended high-rise platforms for all to see.
- Each show also features all the favorites that fans want to hear. The “Wizards of Winter” is one of my favorites, and they never leave it out.
- They salute the troops at every show. The servicemen and women of our country represent the best of the American spirit, and at each show the TSO artists pay tribute to their service to our country.
- TSO donates a portion of proceeds to a local charity in every city they visit. I've even heard original member Paul O'Neil spontaneously donate $10,000 to local charities during radio interviews. They’ve given back over $11 million during their touring years, and continue to do so at each show.
- They giveaway cool stuff like front row seats, autograph guitars and platinum records to fans. The TSO fan club is treated like family.
- TSO band members host backstage tours and meet and greets with photos, handshakes, autographs, and sometimes even dinner with the band.
- They have performed for millions of fans, they’ve sold millions of records, but still have no “ego” issues. There is no one "star" of the band. They are a real team, a family of performers who love what they do.
- They've been together since 1999, and have truly become a holiday tradition for a different kind of audience. Nothing against the "Nutcracker" or “Miracle on 34th St.” But this band really rocks!
TSO plays the iWireless Center on Thursday December 8. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets.
94.1 KRNA is still giving away tickets this week with upgrades into the Rock Limo with Diamond Limousines. Listen to Jaymz Larson Mornings to call and win.