Your Guide To Iowa Retailers’ Holiday Return Policies
The holidays are over and the gifts that we receive aren't always what we had in mind. Whether the sweater is too small or you just don't have a place in your home for that decorative thingy from your aunt Janice, you're probably going to be making some returns. Thank goodness for gift receipts!
If you find yourself needing to return some items from the holiday season, you should know the return policies for some of these retailers. That way you'll know how much time you have to return your items before it's too late. Offers.com put together a list of return policies for more than 100 retailers. Here are some places here in Iowa with policies that you should be aware of. Keep in mind you will most likely need a receipt/packing slip to process for return.
- Abercrombie & Fitch- 60 days
- Ace Hardware- 30 days
- Advance Auto Parts- 45 days
- Amazon- Jan. 31, 2019, for orders shipped Nov. 1 – Dec. 31
- American Eagle Outfitters- No deadline
- Apple Store- 14 days Jan. 8, 2019, for orders placed Nov. 14 – Dec. 25
- Bass Pro Shops- 60 days
- Bath & Body Works- No deadline
- Bed Bath & Beyond- 1 year
- Best Buy- Jan. 12 for orders placed Oct. 28 – Dec. 28 (excludes cellphones and some other devices)
- Costco- 90 days for select electronics and appliances; no deadline for most merchandise
- Dick’s Sporting Goods- 60 days
- Express- 60 days
- Forever 21- Jan. 6 for orders placed after Nov. 12, or within 30 days of ship date, whichever is later.
- Finish Line- Feb. 15 for orders placed Nov. 15 – Jan. 1
- GameStop- 30 days
- Home Depot- 30 days for furniture and area rugs; 90 days for most merchandise
- Kohl’s- Jan. 31 for premium electronics purchased from Nov. 1 – Dec. 25, no deadline for most merchandise.
- Lowe’s- 90 days
- Petco- 60 days
- PetSmart- 60 days
- Sam’s Club- 90 days for select electronics, games, movies, and music; no deadline for most merchandise.
- Target- The 30-day and 14-day refund periods for returns begin Dec. 26 for orders placed Nov. 1 – Dec. 25.
- Ulta- 60 days
- Victoria’s Secret- 90 days
- Walmart- Jan. 10 for items with a 15-day return policy and Jan. 25 for items with a 30-day policy for orders placed Oct. 28 – Dec. 25
And that's not all! See the full list of retailers and their coinciding return policies HERE. Don't procrastinate, follow the guide and get those items returned so they don't go to waste.