Where to See The Fireworks In Eastern Iowa
Can you believe it? The 4th of July is almost here! If you're wondering where to see the best fireworks displays in the area, Ellis Harbor and the Celebration of Freedom fireworks in Downtown Cedar Rapids are always hard to beat, but they are not the only game in town. Here is a comprehensive guide to fireworks, with dates, times and locations included. If you feel there are any missing from the list, please comment below. Most events are free. Happy 4th!
Wednesday, July 3:
- Anamosa, Football Field: Dusk
- Cedar Rapids, Ellis Park: Dusk (Five Seasons Ski Team show at 7 p.m.)
- Dubuque, AY McDonald Park: Dusk
- Dyersville, Commercial Club Park : Dusk
- Hampton, County Fairgrounds: 10 p.m.
- Marengo, City Park: Dusk
- Marion, Lowe Park: Dusk (live music and family activities at 6, ski show at 7)
- Newhall, ball diamond: Dusk
- Oxford, Creekside Park: Dusk
Thursday, July 4:
- Bellevue, Riverview Street: 9:30 p.m.
- Cedar Rapids, Downtown: Dusk
- Central City, Fairgrounds: Dusk
- Coralville, S.T. Morrison Park: Dusk (4th Fest. Learn about other related activities and events here.)
- Durant, Community School: Dusk
- Fairfield, Waterworks Park: Dusk
- Galena, Grant Park: Dusk
- Grand Mound, GM Ball Park: Dusk
- Hills, Ballpark: Dusk
- Independence, Riverwalk Park: 10 p.m.
- Mechanicsville, North Cedar Elementary School: 9:30 p.m.
- Monticello, Fairgrounds: Dusk
- Morning Sun, Park: Dusk
- Muscatine, Downtown: Dusk
- Mt. Pleasant, McMillan Park: Dusk
- Oxford Junction, Legion Hall: Dusk
- Shell Rock, Shell Rock Elementary: 10 p.m.
- Solon: Lake MacBride State Park, 3525 Highway 328: 9 p.m.
- Wayland, Waco School Football Field: Dusk
- Williamsburg, Recreation Center: Dusk
- Wellman, Community Park: Dusk
Friday, July 5:
- Harpers Ferry, (north edge of town): Dusk
- Iowa City, Iowa City Jazz Festival : 9:30 p.m
Saturday, July 6:
- Guttenberg, Ingleside Park: Dusk
- Maquoketa, Fairgrounds: Dusk
- Marquette, Over the Mississippi River: Dusk
- Montezuma, Lake Ponderosa: 9:30 p.m.
- Prairieburg, Baker Park: 9:45 p.m.
- Spillville, Riverside Park: Dusk
Friday, July 5-Sunday, July 7
- Iowa City Jazz Festival (which includes fireworks on the UI University of Iowa Pentacrest, 21 N. Clinton St., Iowa City at 9:30 p.m. on July 5. Free admission)
Saturday, August 3:
- Hiawatha, Guthridge Park: 9 p.m.
Saturday, August 24:
- Vinton, Downtown: Dusk