Up-to-Date List of Businesses Requiring Face Coverings
More and more businesses continue to require customers to wear face coverings when going inside their stores. On Wednesday alone, Walmart & Sam's Club, as well as Kohl's, all announced they are putting the new rule into effect next week. Expect more to follow after Wednesday's statement by the National Retail Federation asking retailers to set a nationwide mask policy.
Here's a current list of regional or national businesses that have, or will soon have, face-covering requirements in effect. If you see a regional or national business with Iowa locations that has a face-covering requirement that's not on the list, please let us know and we'll add it.
- Aldi: Face masks will be required beginning Monday, July 27.
- American Eagle
- Apple: Has had a mask-requirement in place since an announcement on Sunday, May 17.
- AT&T: AARP says a company spokesperson says “Masks are required to be worn by employees, customers and visitors in our stores (both in store and curbside) and will be provided to customers who need them.”
- Banana Republic: Masks are required beginning Saturday, August 1.
- Barnes & Noble: Customers are now required to wear face coverings.
- Best Buy: Customers are required to wear a mask as of Wednesday, July 15.
- Costco: The company has required customers to wear masks in all stores nationwide since Monday, May 4.
- CVS Pharmacy: Face coverings will be required beginning Monday, July 20.
- David's Bridal: Now requires customers to wear masks.
- Gap: Masks are required beginning Saturday, August 1.
- Guitar Center: Face mask or "adequate" face covering.
- Goodwill of the Heartland: Masks have been required in stores since Friday, May 22.
- Half-Price Books
- Home Depot: Face coverings are required beginning Wednesday, July 22.
- Kohl's: Customers will be required to wear facial coverings beginning Monday, July 20.
- Lowe's: Face coverings are mandatory beginning Monday, July 20.
- Menard's: Masks have been required in stores since early May.
- Old Navy: Masks are required beginning Saturday, August 1.
- Panera Bread: Masks are required as of Wednesday, July 15.
- Petco: CDC-compliant facial coverings are required effective Monday, July 20.
- Petsmart: Facial coverings over the nose and mouth are required beginning Monday, July 20.
- Sam's Club: All customers will be required to wear facial coverings beginning Monday, July 20.
- Starbucks: Company-owned locations across the U.S. must wear facial coverings inside their stores. The rule went into effect Wednesday, July 15.
- Target: Face masks will be required beginning Saturday, August 1.
- Trader Joe's: Now requests all customers wear a face covering.
- Verizon: Cloth face coverings are now required at all stores.
- Walgreens: Face coverings are required beginning Monday, July 20.
- Walmart: Facial covering requirement for all customers goes into effect Monday, July 20.
KEEP LOOKING: See what 50 company logos looked like then and now