Ten Ways to Spend Ten Grand in Cedar Rapids
During the month of November, KRNA has the chance for you to win $10,000 with our Cash Cow.
That got me to thinking: How could a person spend ten grand in Cedar Rapids? A Top Ten list seemed appropriate:
- Buy a round for the entire bar at every bar in town.
- Buy every item off the drive-thru menu at each fast food chain in town.
- Invest in a pyramid scheme disguised as a legitimate business.
- Buy every item of Affliction apparel from the mall retailers.
- Tan ten times a day for a year? (I'm not sure of the cost of tanning sessions, so this is a blind guess.)
- Schedule two hair appointments a day for a year? (Like tanning, I'm unaware of salon prices. Cedar Rapidians seem really infatuated with salons and hairdressing, though.)
- Buy a still-standing flood house.
- Attend every show at the US Cellular Center for a year.
- Provide seed money for a smoke-free casino.
- The best and least satirical option: Donate it all to a worthy charity, like the Salvation Army or Cedar Valley Humane Society.
Any of these options could be yours! Just enter KRNA's Cash Cow Contest.