New Foods Announced for the 2017 Iowa State Fair!
Get ready foodies! The Iowa State Fair just announced the new foods for 2017 and you'll be able to try over 40 new items!
The 2017 Iowa State Fair is August 10-20 in Des Moines, so mark your calendars and come hungry. With all of these options, where do you even begin!?
Here are five of my favorites from the list. I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so it's no surprise that mine are mostly desserts.
1. Chocolate Lava Cake- this little slice of heaven consists of chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. You can find it in the Walnut Square for $4.00.
2. Bauder Mud- a chocolate shake indulged in Cream Cheese Brownie Chunks and topped with whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and served in a Bauder Skillet. You'll need a straw AND a spoon for this one. Get yours on the south side of the Agriculture Building for $6.00.
3. Rah! Edible Cook E Dough- This is raw cookie dough that's both safe and delicious! It comes in multiple flavors: "Chip off the Ole' Block," "You make me Snicker," "Double Choc Brownie Chunk," "It's your Birthday" and "The Monster" (Gluten Free). Help your sweet tooth out and get yourself some south of the Bill Riley Stage. You can purchase one scoop for $3.00 or two scoops for $5.00.
4. Campfire Cones- With six different flavors and a waffle cone wrapping around it, your taste buds will thank you for this one. Contents include graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bits and topped with a toasted marshmallow. These are located west of the Varied Industries Building for $6.00.
5. Mig's Applewood Smoked Chicken BLT Wrap- Contains chicken salad mix along with shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, crispy bacon bits, diced smoked chicken tossed with a creamy bacon dressing, celery and chopped herbs wrapped inside a tortilla. Mmm! You can pick one up southeast of the Varied Industries Building for $9.00.
Check out the rest of the mouth-watering list below:
Cheesy Fried Enchilada Funnel Cake
The Buddha Bar
Golden Fry Choco Pocko
Bruschetta Sundae "Mt. Vesuvius"
Bomb Pop Lemonade
Fruit & Chocolate Fondue
Iowa's Big Pork Leg
Strawberry Shaker Salad
Cattleman's Taco Haystack
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Peanut Butter Popcorn
Fiery Popcorn (mild spicy)
Sweet Brat Corndog with Maple syrup on-a-stick
Sweet Potato TotChos
The Depot Gourmet Burger
The Blue Ribbon Gourmet Burger
The Main Gate Gourmet Burger
The Eastsider Gourmet Burger
Iowa's Big Pork Leg
Ragin Cajun Funnel Cake
Three Little Pigs
Bacon Cheese Fries
Bacon in a Cup
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog
Bacon Wrapped Chicken On-A-Stick
Fair Square – Birthday Cake Flavor
Are you hungry yet? Well, this isn't going to help. Three new fair foods will compete for the title of '2017 Iowa State Fair People's Choice Best New Food'. Fairgoers will be able to sample the top three finalists food and vote during the fair. The New Food Finalists for 2017 along with their descriptions from Iowastatefair.org are (drumroll)...
Pork-Almighty- The tower of power! The Pork Almighty contains crispy beer battered twister fries and is covered with queso cheese sauce, smothered with smoked shredded pork, topped with sauteed onions, green peppers, Cookies BBQ sauce and is sprinkled with shredded cheese. A soft drink is included. The Pork Almighty is located at Steer N Stein on Grand Avenue for $12.00.
Iowa's Big Pork Leg- A pork shank that is Iowa raised and smoked to perfection with a sweet caribbean seasoning. The Iowa's Big Pork Leg is located east of the Administration Building for $9.00.
Mig's Applewood Smoked Chicken BLT Wrap- A wrap that contains diced smoked chicken tossed with a creamy bacon dressing, celery and chopped herbs. Inside the tortillia is the chicken salad mix along with shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, and crispy bacon bits. The Mig's Hickory Smoked Chicken BLT Wrap is located southeast of the Varied Industries Building for $9.00.
If you want to find out more about how you can vote, see photos of some of the food, and find out where your favorites will be, visit iowastatefair.org. See you there! I'll probably be the one on the bench stuffing my face.