MLB ‘Field of Dreams’ Game Only A Month Away
The first ever regular season Major League Baseball Game to ever take place in Iowa is only a month away.
On August 12, 2021, the Chicago White Sox will take on the New York Yankees at the iconic 'Field of Dreams' in a matchup that was postponed because of the pandemic.
A new stadium was built behind the field at the movie site in Dyersville, with a much higher capacity
So far, there's no word on when tickets will be available, or how much they'll cost. Here's what is known, according to a previous interview we did with Director of Operations Roman Weinberg last year.
- Who is playing? White Sox vs Yankees- White Sox are "Home" and are even surrendering one of their home dates to get it.
- Yes, this is a regular season game.
- Yes, the game will be broadcasted.
- No, ticket info isn't available at this time, other than there are 8,000 seats in the stadium.
- What will the field look like? It's been designed to look like Comiskey Park, the home of the White Sox from 1910-1990.
- The field won't be destroyed, so what happens next? The owners of the movie site will have to determine what they want to host there now.
- Is this the smallest MLB facility? No, Bowman Field in Williamsport, PA. only has 2,366 seats.
- This is the first MLB regular-season game in Iowa. In Fort Dodge, IA an exhibition game was played between the White Sox and the Cubs back in 1942.
- Will people come? They built it. We will come.
Listen to the interview from February 7th, 2020 here:
It's an exciting for Iowa to finally host an MLB game, and honestly, there's no better place for it.