Iowa’s ‘Best College for Your Money’ is in Cedar Rapids
MONEY magazine looked at over 700 schools across the country to figure out which ones give you the most for your money, and one Iowa school ranked higher than all the rest.
Mount Mercy University has a lot to celebrate today, because they were ranked 87th on MONEY's '2017 Best Colleges for Your Money' list! Out of 711 schools, that's pretty darn good! Mount Mercy moved up 50 spots since last year, making them the best on the list in the entire state of Iowa.
According to an article from Mount Mercy, the rankings are based on 27 different factors that are separated into in three categories, which are educational quality, affordability, and alumni success. Here are some stats on the school, as listed by MONEY's website:
- The estimated price for the 2017-2018 school year without aid is $43,800
- The estimated price for the 2017-2018 school year with the average grant is $21,900
- The percent of students who get need-based grants is 71%
- The percents of students who get merit grants is 8%
- Early career earnings are $42,300
To read more about the process behind the rankings, click HERE.