Hy-Vee Recalls Variety of Asian Entrees
A new recall has been issued by Hy-Vee, involving "misbranding" and "undeclared allergens".
After a U.S. Department of Agriculture inspection, various ready-to-eat beef and chicken products the store sells are being pulled due to some of them containing milk without saying so on the label.
The following items on the recall were shipped to stores in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. All of these have lot codes of 19250 or 19251 with expiration dates of September 14 or 15, 2019.
- 20-oz. plastic packages of “HyVee Mealltime Beef with Broccoli”
- 20-oz. plastic packages of “HyVee Mealtime Cashew Chicken”
- 20 plastic packages of “HyVee Mealtime Sweet Orange Chicken”
- 20-oz. plastic packages of “HyVee Mealtime General Chicken”
- 20-oz. plastic packages of “HyVee Mealtime Sesame Chicken”
- 16-oz. Fried Rice
There have yet to be any illnesses or dangerous allergic reactions reported, but as a precaution, the recall is underway. Check your refrigerator/freezer and take a close look next time you shop the Chinese aisle at Hy-Vee.
Dispose of or return these products to Hy-Vee and Call Hy-Vee customer care representatives at (800) 722-4098 for more assistance.