Holiday Train to Visit 21 Towns in Iowa and Wisconsin
The 2019 schedule for the Central Pacific Holiday Train has been unveiled. It's making 21 stops across Wisconsin and Iowa in early December. It truly is one of the most spectacular sights of the holiday season. Just look at these photos:
Here's the train's schedule this year:
(Information for all cities below includes arrival time, location, and time of event. Canadian artists Meghan Patrick, Tanika Charles, and Kelly Prescott are scheduled to perform at every event)
- 7:45 p.m.: Mason City Canadian Pacific Depot, 904 S. Pennsylvania Avenue; 8 to 8:30 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m.: Charles City Intersection of Main Street and Grand Avenue; 8:30 to 9 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m.: Ossian (location TBD); 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- 6:40 p.m.: Clinton East end of Main Avenue, near Sawmill Museum; 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m.: Davenport Corner of Western Avenue and West River Drive; 9:15 to 9:45 p.m.
- 2:45 p.m.: Marquette Marina parking lot, North of Lady Luck Casino at Water Street and Highway 76; 3:00 to 3:30 p.m
- 4:50 p.m.: Lansing Ball Park Field on South Front Street between North 2nd and Dodge Street; 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- 6:15 p.m.: New Albin Parking lot adjacent to the Candian Pacific tracks on Railroad St. between Ross Avenue and Oak Street; 6:30 to 7:00 p.m.
- 6:50 p.m.: Sturtevant 9900 East Exploration Ct., Amtrak Depot; 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m.: Caledonia Railway Crossing at County Road G and 5 1/2 Road (Depot Tavern)
- 4:00 p.m.: Wauwatosa Harwood Avenue crossing; 4:15 to 4:45 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.: Hartland Level Crossing at Cottonwood Avenue; 5:45 to 6:15 p.m.
- 6:40 p.m.: Oconomowoc Silver Lake Street railway crossing, north side of the tracks; 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
- 7:50 p.m.: Watertown Brandt-Quirk Park parking lot (ball diamond), adjacent to track; 8:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- 9:05 p.m.: Columbus Amtrak Depot; 9:15 to 9:45 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m.: Portage Canadian Pacific Yard adjacent to Averbeck Street; 1:15 to 1:45 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.: Wisconsin Dells 100 La Crosse Street, Amtrak Depot; 2:45 to 3:15 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.: Mauston Divison Street railway crossing; 4:15 to 4:40 p.m.
- 5:25 p.m.: Tomah 205 North Superior Avenue, Amtrak Depot; 5:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- 6:40 p.m.: Sparta Corner of South Water Street and Milwaukee Street; 7:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- 8:45 p.m.: La Crosse Amtrak Station, 601 Saint Andrew Street; 9:00 to 9:30 p.m.
The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is free, but they do collect donations for local food banks in the communities where the company's employees work and live. More information on the Holiday Train is available here.