Fresh Sweet Corn Will Be On Sale In Just A Few Days in Cedar Rapids and Marion
Iowa's favorite summer crop is almost ready to harvest. You'll literally be able to buy it fresh from the field in just a few days.
I reached out to one of the top sweet corn sellers in the area, Knight's Sweet Corn. They checked the field yesterday and they tell me Monday, July 9 is the first day they will sell sweet corn in 2018!
Why is Knight's corn always so lip-smacking good? It's like the sign on this wagon says, "Picked Fresh Today."
Just how hard is that to accomplish? The Knight's Farm website says
Knight's Farm is famous for it's Sweet Corn! The main reason for that is our sweet corn is picked the very same day that you buy it. We do not sell day old corn at any of our sweet corn stands!!! Mr. Knight is up at 4am every morning during sweet corn season to start picking. By 10am most of the wagons and trucks have left the farm fully loaded with fresh sweet corn. We work long days so you can have the best tasting sweet corn possible.
Here's where to look for Knight's Sweet Corn sellers Monday, July 9. I guarantee I'll be at one of these spots sometime that day:
- 505 Boyson Road NE (Hy-Vee Drugstore at corner of Boyson Road and C Ave.)
- 2001 Blairs Ferry Road NE (Hy-Vee Drugstore at corner of Blairs Ferry Road and Center Point Road)
- 2736 Bowling St SW (Hope Lutheran Church)
- 4116 Center Point Road NE (CVS Pharmacy at corner of Center Point Road and 42nd St NE)
- 3501 Mount Vernon Road SE (Vernon Village True Value)
- 2790 7th Ave. (Hy-Vee Drugstore)
- 3600 Business Highway 151 East (Hy-Vee store)