Fall Festivities Begin at Local Farms This Weekend
We told you last week about all the local apple orchards open for the fall season, but this week it's all about local farms! Here are three Eastern Iowa farms with fall festivities that officially kick off this weekend:
- Sass Family Farm
- 3060 160th St. in Riverside
- Fall festivities begin September 14th and go until October 31st
- Open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Featuring a petting zoo, Fort Fright/Music Row, a playground, a straw maze, a haunted barn, a balloon jump, a corn bin, antiques, food vendors, a kids' tricycle track, hayrack rides, and fresh fall produce
- Admission is $2 for adults and $1 for kids
- Bloomsbury Farm
- 3260 69th St. in Atkins
- Fall Festival begins on September 15th and ends October 31st
- Open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Featuring U Pick 'Em & pre-picked pumpkins, barnyard buddies, photo ops, two 10-acre corn mazes, the super slide, a jumping pillow, hayrack rides, a zip line, games/kids' activities, food, and more
- Weekday passes are $12.95, weekend passes are $15.95, and super passes are $23.95 - get yours in advance HERE
- Bass Farms L.L.C.
- 1325 HWY 30 in Mount Vernon
- Fall Festival begins September 14th
- Open Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Featuring hayrack rides, slingshots, 18 hole mini-golf, bounce houses, giant tic tac toe/checkerboard tables/Connect 4/Jenga, a photo booth, teeter-totters, a music wall, a painting/decorating pumpkin station, mini hay bale maze, and more
- Admission is $7 per person - 2 and under are free