Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmers Markets Returning This Summer
A tradition that brings thousands of people to the downtown Cedar Rapids area each summer is coming back in 2021. The Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmer's Markets will return this year with in person selling. Last year during pandemic, the large in person events were scaled back. But in a sign that things are beginning to return to a new version of normal, the dates for this year's markets are set!
KCRG reports that the downtown markets will once again be held from 7:30 a.m. to noon on the following Saturdays: June 19th, July 3rd and 17th, August 7th and 21st, September 4th and 18th, and October 2nd. The markets, presented this year by Cedar Rapids Bank and Trust, are among the largest in the Midwest. Applications to become a vendor this year are now available and can be found HERE.
As you might imagine, there will still be plenty of restrictions in place due to COVID-19. According to the City of Cedar Rapids, guidelines for vendors will include,
- gloves to be worn at all times
- masks to be worn at all times
- minimum of 2, maximum of 4 people to work at each booth
- hand sanitizer required at each stall
- no hand to hand contact with customers
- vendors must wash hands, wipe surfaces, and change gloves once per hour.
- If a vendor is ill, or running a fever, do not attend the market.
Everyone attending the markets must also obey a few rules too. They include,
- masks are requested to be worn
- limit interactions with vendors by social distancing.
- follow directions dealing with traffic flow at the market.
We'll see you at the markets this summer!