COVID-19 Safety Guidelines Announced For State Volleyball Tourney
Fans attending the 2020 Iowa High School Girls State Volleyball Tournament at Alliant Energy PowerHouse need to be aware of several notable changes in compliance with venue COVID-19 safety guidelines, arena officials said in a press release.
Below is a list of the policy changes:
- Tickets will be sold by session, and online pre-purchase is strongly encouraged prior to arriving at the arena to avoid long lines. Admission will be charged for those kindergarten age and older. Tickets can be bought through Ticketmaster, or charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 for $12 inclusive of all online fees. Tickets purchased in-person at the Alliant Energy PowerHouse box office are $10.
- Spectators are asked to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the posted start time of the match they plan to attend. Spectators should follow the traffic pattern and queue system established by arena officials when entering and departing the venue. Spectators will be directed to their assigned seating section upon arrival to the arena.
- All fans are required to wear face coverings when transitioning throughout Alliant Energy PowerHouse. Face coverings may be removed once seated in non-student sections.
- Students sitting in their designated sections are required to wear face coverings at all times, even when seated, as they will NOT be subject to the same social distancing requirements as other spectators. Fans in non-student sections will be directed to social distance at least six-feet in between different families and groups.
- To maintain safe and socially distanced public spaces, fans will NOT be allowed to greet their teams in the Main Lobby/Ticket Window area or in the southwest corner of the arena following matches as they have done previously. Team and fan gatherings must occur offsite, IGHSAU officials said.
- According to arena officials, spectators will be permitted to carry clear bags smaller than 12x12x6 into the tournament venue. Non-clear bags will not be permitted. Officials said the policy allows the Alliant Energy PowerHouse staff to check bags without touching spectators' belongings and reduces cross-contamination between patrons.
- For additional venue information, CLICK HERE.