Check Out Beautiful Christmas Lights in the Amana Colonies This Year
The Amana Colonies will transform into a Christmas wonderland very soon!
One of the most beloved events in the Amana Colonies each holiday season is the Tannenbaum Forest. The event website invites you to visit the Festhalle Barn to check out "over 60 unique Christmas Trees, each decorated by a different business, organization, group, or family." They also note that the entire barn will be festively decorated and there will be lots of great photo opportunities. One of the highlights is the German Christmas Pyramid, which is 17-feet high! Admission is free, but donations to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital are strongly encouraged at entry.
The Tannenbaum Forest will run Fridays through Sundays from November 25th to December 18th. Here is the official schedule:
- Friday, November 25th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 26th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 27th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, December 2nd from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3rd from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, December 9th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 11th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, December 16th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Also on the way in December is the annual Prelude to Christmas weekend. From December 2nd to December 4th, the Amana Colonies will be transformed into a Christmas wonderland! There will be lots of holiday decor, carolers, shopping, food & beverage sampling, a cookie walk, and much more. Don't forget to stop at the General Store, which has a massive Christmas section that's open all year round!
For more details on all the holiday events happening over in the Amanas, you can visit their official website HERE.