What Times Major Stores Will Be Opening for Black Friday 2016
If you're headed out to do some Black Friday shopping, we have all the details on when the big retailers will be opening up for business!
I worked retail from the time I was 18 until just a couple of years ago, which means I am all too familiar with Black Friday madness. The past two years have been pretty awesome, because I have been able to enjoy the shopping day as a customer, rather than an employee. I plan to go out again for Black Friday this year, but as a casual shopper. There are a few stores I'd like to hit, but not to get anything in particular. You won't catch me waiting in line outside in the cold, prepared to fight strangers for a TV!
If you plan on going out on Black Friday, here is a list of major retailers and the times they are scheduled to open, whether that be on Black Friday or the night of Thanksgiving:
- Toys R Us - Opens at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving night and will stay open for 30 hours straight
- Best Buy - Opens at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving and closes at 1 a.m. on Friday. It will reopen again at 8 a.m. Friday morning.
- Target - Opens at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night
- Walmart - Black Friday deals will begin at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night
- JCPenney - Opens at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will remain open until Friday at 10 p.m.
- Sears - Some stores will be open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, but others will be closed. All stores will be open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday
- Kohl's - Opens at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night
On the other hand, here are some stores that will be CLOSED on Thanksgiving Day:
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Home Depot
- TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods
- Sam's Club
I couldn't find any info on the Thanksgiving/Black Friday hours for Lindale Mall in Cedar Rapids, but Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville will be open 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Thursday, and 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Black Friday. Specific store hours will vary.
For more info on Black Friday shopping, click HERE.