TIME Has Named Their ’25 Best Inventions of 2016′ [PHOTOS]
Folding helmets, floating lightbulbs, and fancy alarm clocks, oh my!
Every year, TIME takes a look at new inventions from all over the world and puts together a list with the best of the best. The qualifications? The article states that they look for inventions that make the world, "better, smarter and—in some cases—a little more fun." I scrolled through all 25 of the winners and picked out a few that looked pretty neat. Take a look and see how many of these you would purchase (if they weren't so expensive!):
- The Morpher is a folding bike helmet that makes safety a little easier to transport ($119)
- The Nike Hyperadapt 1.0 is a self-tying shoe Nike created, inspired by the movie "Back to the Future" ($720)
- The PlayStation VR is a virtual reality gaming device that works with your Playstation 4 ($400)
- Hello Sense is an incredible new alarm clock that gauges the temperature, humidity, light and air quality in your room. It also monitors your sleep patterns and works on voice commands ($149 and up)
- The Dyson Supersonic is quieter, faster, and more gentle than regular hair dryers, not to mention more sleek ($399)
- The Arc Instatemp is a NO TOUCH thermometer that uses infrared technology to measure body temperature quickly and accurately, which is great for kids ($40+)
- The Flyte is a working lightbulb that uses electromagnetism to levitate and spin. Basically, it just looks really cool ($349)
See all 25 inventions HERE.