Ten Great Farmers Markets in Iowa to Enjoy this Summer
Summer is on its way, and with summer comes Farmers Markets!
I've been to a few Farmers Markets in my life, but I've never been to one quite like the one here in Cedar Rapids. I went to a couple of them last year since it was my first summer in town, and I couldn't BELIEVE how huge they were! I was amazed by all the fresh produce, the flowers (like the sunflowers I bought in the above photo!), the homemade items, and let's not forget... the FOOD. If you're looking to expand your horizons, Only in Your State came up with a list of ten amazing Farmers Markets in Iowa that you can enjoy this summer, along with the dates/times (click the links for exact locations):
- Cedar Rapids Farmers Market - Open from 7:30 am-noon on Saturday, June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, August 6, August 20, September 3, and September 17. The Market After Dark will take place on Saturday, August 27th from 6:30 pm-11 pm.
- Des Moines Farmers Market - Open every Saturday from May 7-October 29, from 7 am-noon (October markets will open at 8 am instead of 7 am).
- Iowa City Farmers Market -
- The Wednesday market is from 5 pm-7 pm, May 4-October 26.
- The Saturday market is from 7:30 am-noon, May 7-October 29.
- The Tuesday market is from 3 pm-6 pm, May 31-August 29.
- Dubuque Farmers Market - Open every Saturday morning from May 1-October 31, from 7 am-noon.
- Cedar Falls Farmers Market - Open Saturday mornings from 8:30 am-noon, from the first weekend in May through the last Saturday in October.
- Freight House Farmers Market in Davenport - Open Saturdays from 8 am-1 pm, Sundays from 11 am-3 pm, and Tuesdays from 3 pm-7 pm.
- Boone Farmers Market - Open every Thursday from June 2-October 20, from 3 pm-6 pm.
- North Grand Farmers Market and Main Street Farmers Market, Ames -
- The North Grand Farmers Market is open Wednesdays from 3 pm-6 pm and Saturdays from 8 am-noon, May-October. The Indoor North Grand Farmers Market will be in a store near JC Penney at North Grand Mall on Friday and Saturday, March 25 and 26, plus all Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in April during mall hours.
- The Main Street Farmers Market is open Saturdays in May-September from 8 am-12:30 pm, and October from 9 am-12:30 pm.
- Main Street Farmers Market, Council Bluffs - Open Thursday evenings from May-October, 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Sioux City Farmers Market - Open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8 am-1 pm,
May 4 - October 29.
[Via Only in Your State]