Six Iowa Restaurants That Have Been Featured on ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’
If you've ever found yourself wishing you could eat what Guy Fieri eats... YOU CAN!
This probably goes without saying, but I am a huge fan of Food Network. One of my absolute favorite shows to binge-watch is Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." If I could steal his hosting job on that show, I would do it in a heartbeat. I actually day-dream about it while I'm sitting on my couch, eating something frozen that I heated up in the microwave...
Anyways, I didn't realize that Guy has actually made a few stops right here in Iowa! It's not a state that's featured on the show very often, but we've made an impact, nonetheless. Here are the restaurants featured on "Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives" (and all of them are over in/near Des Moines):
- Patton’s Restaurant & Catering - 1552 East Grand Ave, Suite D, Des Moines
- Smokey D’s BBQ - 5055 NW 2nd Street, Des Moines
- Mi Patria Ecuadorian Restaurant - 1410 22nd St., West Des Moines
- George the Chili King - 5722 Hickman Road, Des Moines
- Tacopocalypse - 407 East 5th Street, Des Moines
- Flying Mango - 4345 Hickman Road, Des Moines