Jaymz and I talked on-air today about the list of busiest touring musicians for 2013 from Songkick. Without CD sales, the modern-day artist has to stay on the road, sell some tickets and hope people buy some merch. Papa Roach and Imagine Dragons were among the top artists on the list who kept Goodyear in business. Willie Nelson kept the growers AND drivers in business!
When Cheese Chisholm from the Harlem Globetrotters stopped in earlier this week, he was signing a Trotters postcard that had a picture on the front and their schedule on the back. Sure, these guys have several teams out on the road simultaneously...but they'll fill up nearly EVERY date in 2014. Their booking agent should have a nice new year.
Here's that list...
1. The L.A. indie band Local Natives, 188 shows
2. Rapper Kendrick Lamar, 171 shows
3. The British indie group Alt-J, 164 shows
4. Imagine Dragons, 157 shows
5. The British indie group Foals, 155 shows
6. Papa Roach, 147 shows
7. One Direction, 145 shows
8. Willie Nelson, 143 shows
9. The Irish indie rock band Two Door Cinema Club, 142 shows
10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, 138 shows
11. Justin Bieber, 135 shows
12. The British electronic artist Bonobo, 135 shows
13. Miguel, 133 shows
14. Tegan and Sara, 131 shows
15. The Lumineers, 131 shows
16. The Band Perry, 126 shows
17. Ellie Goulding, 124 shows
18. Pink, 123 shows
19. Asking Alexandria, 122 shows