Restaurants in Iowa with Awesome International Food
If you're sick of the same old burgers and fries, you might want to think out of the box with these unique restaurants. Two of them are right here in Cedar Rapids!
When I came to Iowa for the first time, I was absolutely amazed by the number of amazing local restaurants. When I have friends and family come into town, I have a hard time choosing where to go eat because there are so many good options! There's also a ton of diversity when it comes to food spots, with some really good international cuisine to choose from. Only in Your State came up with a list of ten great options for you if you want to stay in Iowa, but get a taste of another country. Here are their picks:
- The Lost Cuban - Cedar Rapids (Cuban)
- Mekong - Iowa City (Asian)
- Namaste India - Clive (Indian)
- Red Lantern - Davenport (Chinese)
- Oasis Falafel - Iowa City (Middle Eastern)
- Village Meat Market - Cedar Rapids (Czech)
- La Regia Taqueria - Iowa City (Mexican)
- Cool Basil - Altoona (Thai)
- Da Kao - Sioux City (Chinese/Vietnamese)
- Cafe Beaudelaire - Ames (Brazilian)
I've never been to any of these restaurants, but some of my favorites are Wasabi in Cedar Rapids and Oyama in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City for sushi, The Czech Deli and Bakery inside Newbo, Adelitas Mexican Grill, and Hacienda Las Glorias. What are your favorite restaurants for international cuisine here in Iowa? Share them in the comments!
[Via Only in Your State]