Places to Escape the Heat in Linn County [LIST]
It’s going to be extremely hot these next few days, so Linn County has released a list of local heat relief locations.
Things are really heating up here in Eastern Iowa! In case you haven’t been outside today, the high is around 90 degrees with a heat index of 95-105 degrees. If you need a break from the heat this week, there are plenty of places within Linn County where you can stop to cool off. Here are a few of them:
- Cedar Rapids Public Library: Downtown
- Open Mon-Thurs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fri-Sat from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cedar Rapids Public Library: Ladd Library
- Open Mon-Thurs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fri-Sat from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lindale Mall – Cedar Rapids
- Open Mon-Sat from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Salvation Army – Cedar Rapids
- Open Mon–Fri from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Marion Public Library
- Open Mon-Weds from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fri-Sat 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hiawatha City Hall
- Open Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hiawatha Library
- Open Mon-Thurs from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fri-Sat from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m
Click HERE for a full list of locations.
[Via CBS 2]