Metallica Concert FAQ’S & Traffic Flow Map
The big Metallica show in Newton is just one day away! The venue is expecting a huge crowd for the concert that will benefit The Native Fund. I've had DOZENS of calls from listener's asking all kinds of questions.....I found this info from the Iowa Speedway official web page. Here's what we know at the moment:
- All parking is $10 per vehicle
- The parking fee must be paid in cash
- Parking lots will open at 2:00 p.m.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive between 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Traffic will be most heavy from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Inbound traffic will be cut off 45 minutes before the END of the show - to allow for outbound traffic to facilitate exiting.
- Buses and oversized vehicles will be held from departing for at least one hour following the show
- Pick up for Uber or Lyft is located at the Drop-Off-Circle accessible from Rusty Wallace Drive
- Show starts at 6:00 p.m.
- Show will end around 11:00 p.m.