Iowa Ranked Most American State
You read that headline right. When it comes to being the most "American," Iowa is IT. That is, according to the Estately Blog. Apparently, it's a blog relating to real estate and home sales. I've never heard of it before, but it sounds super legitimate.
Here are the factors they took into account to come to this determination of American-ess.
- Bald eagles per square mile (source: U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- Olympic gold medals won, per capita (source: I.O.C)
- Astronauts born in each state, per capita (source: Wikipedia)
- Fast food restaurants, per capita (source: Yellow Pages)
- Total Major League Baseball players born in each state (source: Baseball Reference)
- Percentage of homes with firearms (source: BRFSS)
- Percentage of Facebook users in each state expressing interest in the “United States of America”(source: Facebook)
- Google searches for “Bin Laden dead” (source: Google Trends)
Iowa ranks in the top 25 in all of the categories and top 10 in four specific categories (Olympic gold medals, astronauts, MLB players, and Google searches for "Bin Laden dead").
Iowa is supplying astronauts, shipping out baseball players, racking up gold medals, and apparently diligent about ensuring that Osama Bin Laden is, in fact, dead. So, there you have it. Wave "Old Glory" 'til your arms fall off. Sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” 'til you're hoarse. Shoot off fireworks 'til you lose a limb.
Do it loud. Do it proud. And the next time someone asks you if this is heaven, just stop and say politely, "NO, IOWA IS AMERICA!"