Hotel Employee Rescued Woman From Fire in Ottumwa
A fire in Ottumwa early Sunday morning put a hotel guests life in danger. The Ottumwa Courier reports, the blaze began on the fourth floor of the Hotel Ottumwa. A woman staying in the hotel at the time was rescued when hotel employee, Trevor Medina, kicked in the door and pulled her to safety. Thus, preventing the mishap from turning into a tragedy and saving a life.
Luckily, fire sprinklers prevented the flames from spreading to other floors and areas. The recued woman was taken to Ottumwa Regional Health Center for smoke inhalation treatment.