Celebrate National Taco Day With Some Great Deals [PHOTOS]
Happy Taco Wednesday!
Today is one of my favorite “holidays” of the year… it’s National Taco Day! According to a new survey, over 95% of Americans say they like tacos, with around 76% of us eating them every few weeks. The most popular type of taco is carne asada (steak), followed closely by barbacoa (lamb, beef, or goat).
One of my favorite things about Cedar Rapids is the abundance of Mexican restaurants. We definitely don’t have nearly as many in my hometown back in Michigan. When you’re feeling hungry today, I suggest going to try one of those local Mexican restaurants! Remember, on National Taco Day, tacos have no calories…
Here are a few of the local deals I found for today:
- La Cantina – Cedar Rapids
- According to their Facebook page, you can “come in and ask your server about specials only available Tuesday, October 3rd – Sunday, October 8th.”
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop – Cedar Rapids/Coralville
- There are $1 tacos all day today
- Taco Bell
- According to USA Today, they have a special National Taco Day gift set. For $5, you get four classic Taco Bell tacos – Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos and the Crunchy Taco. They are “gift wrapped” in a limited edition wrapper and specially boxed
- Taco John’s
If you know of any other local places that have deals today, please let us know in the comments! In the mean time, here are some photos of tacos from some of those local restaurants:
When everybody is at work but you're drinking jumbo margaritas on a patio… . . . #iowa #easterniowa #tasteofiowa #iowaeats #eatlocal #foodporn #courtlineatsiowa #foodie #food #foodphotography #foodgasm #yummy #yum #delicious #hungry #marion #villaspatio #mexicanfood #tacos #quesadilla #lunch #margarita