6 Items That Shouldn’t Go Down The Drain
Most people have enough common sense NOT to put most of the following items down your kitchen sink drain. The list of banned items is whether you have a garbage disposal or not! Now that's something I wasn't even aware of. So what needs to say out of your drain?
- Grease, cooking oil, or butter. They can mix with other junk and make a thick sludge that clogs things up.
- Egg shells. Yes, even if you have a disposal keep them out. They can break blades, and clog things up.
- Coffee grounds. Once again, it's what they can stick to that will cause you a backup.
- Pasta. Seems like an obvious one to me. Pasta expands, as does rice, when wet.
- Flour. When mixed with water it's like glue. Don't wipe it to the sink, throw it out.
- Stickers on fresh produce. Yes, they can stick to almost anything on the way down your drain.